Thursday, November 12, 2009

Kickoff Party

So, agents/editors insist every writer, published or wannabe, should have a strong internet persona. I think my brain already knew that, but wow, another time-gobbling internet portal. Just what I need. That said, I do want to give my writing the best possible chance. Sooooo…. Firecrackers! Balloons! Funfetti ice cream cake! Welcome to my new blog!


Are those crickets?


For now I guess I will just have to talk to myself. Anyway, other than using this site to promote well, me, there’s an added bonus: I get to blab uninterrupted for the duration my post. So to read about the progress of my writing, my degree, my musing and my life, just tune in. And comment while your at it.

Oh yeah. And I just won my first literary competition. Go me!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Katie for posting helpful feedback on my query letter today for Along the Beach on the public query slushpile. I tried to shorten that sentence to see if it might be less jarring. One person thinks it's better now, but maybe you can peek again? I changed it to:
    Time is running out for Lee—and that polished lens of his photojournalist’s camera won’t help his inner sight.

    If you'd like to take a peek at an actual chapter or more of that story, I posted it on thenextbigwriter site.
    Thanks again for helping us authors "out there" with your constructive comments.

    ReplyDelete